Bicycle Accident Attorney in Mesa
Experienced Representation When You Need It Most
When you are injured in a bicycle accident, you need experienced representation you can trust. Working with a bicycle accident attorney in Mesa, AZ can help ensure you receive the money you deserve for your injuries. Without an attorney, you could end up settling your case for less than it is worth or for nothing at all.
At Smith, Alston, Darner, & Lee, we represent individuals who have been seriously injured or who have lost a loved one in bicycle accidents throughout Mesa, Arizona, and the surrounding areas. Our knowledgeable bicycle accident attorneys in Mesa will help you understand the legal process and will fight to ensure you receive the money you deserve. Contact our office today at (602) 892-5000 to schedule a free consultation.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured in a Bicycle Accident?
If you are in a bicycle accident, you need to act quickly to ensure that you protect your rights, including your right to financial recovery.
After a bicycle accident, you need to:
- Contact 9-1-1. It is imperative to contact local law enforcement if you were injured in a bicycle accident. Let the dispatcher know that you (or someone else) were injured in the crash so that they can send emergency medical personnel.
- Seek medical treatment. Anyone who is involved in a bicycle accident should seek emergency medical treatment. Even if you are not taken to the emergency room, or you are unsure whether you are seriously injured, you should still be seen and treated by a doctor.
- Exchange information. If you were struck by a vehicle, obtain insurance information from the driver. You can also ask for contact information from any eyewitnesses. Write down the name of local businesses or residences that may have surveillance video of the collision.
- Take pictures and videos. If you are able, collect evidence from the scene of the accident. Take pictures and videos to document property damage, injuries, and any hazardous conditions that may have contributed to the crash.
- Contact a Mesa bicycle accident lawyer. As soon as possible, contact a bicycle accident attorney in Mesa, AZ. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and determine the best course of legal action.
A bicycle accident can cause catastrophic, potentially life-threatening injuries. The sooner you obtain medical attention and consult with a Mesa personal injury lawyer, the better.
What Are the Most Common Injuries After a Bicycle Accident?
Bicycle accident injuries are often severe due to the lack of protection that riders have. In some cases, they can prove to be fatal.
Common injuries after a bike accident:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Trauma to the head and neck
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains, strains, and dislocations
Even if you do not think that you were severely harmed as a result of the bicycle accident, you still need to be seen by a doctor. Your body may be in shock and unable to process the full extent of your injuries.
Bicycle Accident Frequently Asked Questions
Should I hire a Mesa bicycle accident attorney?
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you should consult with an attorney. The consultation is generally free, meaning you won’t need to pay anything to determine whether you have a valid claim for damages. A bicycle accident lawyer can help ensure that you do not settle your case for less than it is worth and that you maximize your damages.
How long do I have to file a claim?
According to Arizona law, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim based on personal injury. While two years may seem like a long amount of time, investigations into the cause of an accident can take months. Working with a bicycle accident attorney in Mesa right away can help ensure you meet the statute of limitations.
Do I need to seek medical attention?
You should always seek medical attention after a bicycle accident in Mesa, AZ. If you do not seek medical attention, your injuries could get worse. It could affect not only your physical recovery but also your financial one. An insurance adjuster may say that a delay in seeing a doctor is proof that your injuries are not as serious as you claim or that they were exacerbated by not getting treatment immediately.
Contact Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Mesa
At Smith, Alston, Darner, & Lee, our Mesa personal injury lawyers have helped numerous injury victims get the compensation they need and deserve after a serious accident. Do not settle. Let us help you determine your legal options. You only have a limited amount of time to file a claim. Get started today. We are here to help!