Helping Arizona Residents With Truck Accident Cases
Every year, hundreds of truck accidents occur on our nation’s highways. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you are likely facing costly medical bills, lost wages, and other issues. These commercial trucks—often up to 80,000 pounds—are likely to do significant damage to anything they collide with. If you’ve ever driven next to semi-truck, you know that these vehicles are quite heavy and can cause a tremendous amount of damage.
Many people have the mistaken assumption that an accident that involves a semi-truck or 18-wheeler is the same as any other accident. This is not the case. When you are in an accident involving a large commercial vehicle or truck, the entire nature of the accident changes. First, semi-trucks can cause significant damage and serious injuries. Additionally, these commercial vehicles are subject to very different rules and regulations when it comes to operating on our roadways. Determining the cause of the accident, establishing negligence and liability can be quite different processes from standard car crashes.
Factors Involved in Truck Accidents — Common Causes
When it comes to truck accidents, there are many factors to consider. Commercial trucking companies are under strict guidelines and regulations, and most of these accidents are caused by a breach of these regulations or other factors including:
- Driver Error: This seems to be the leading cause of these accidents. It ultimately comes down to the driver and his/her negligence. This may be narrowed down to lack of training, carelessness, driver fatigue, speeding, failing to account for dangerous weather conditions, other violations.
- Equipment failure. It’s possible that a driver or company failed to maintain the vehicle properly and allowed for the failure to occur.
- Improper loading. This is another common cause, as trucks often carry heavy loads. These loads can become detached during truck operation and fall onto the highway.
Trucking companies have an obligation to the public, including you, to make sure that their drivers are properly trained and licensed. They must also ensure that their trucks are operating in a proper manner and safe enough to be on the road. Their failure to do so can establish negligence, and therefore liability.
Who is Liable for Injuries in a Commercial Truck Accident?
One of the main questions we get asked is how do we determine fault in truck accidents? Each case is different. It is important that you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney if you have been injured in an accident with a large commercial truck. Potentially liable parties may include the:
- Truck driver.
- Trucking company.
- The company that owns or leases the trailer.
- Shipping company.
- Truck manufacturer.
- Truck repair shop.
- Parties responsible for road maintenance.
How Soon After a Truck Accident Should I File a Claim?
The sooner you consult with an experienced trucking accident attorney the better. Evidence needed to build your case is more likely to be available soon after the accident. Documentation, photographs and witnesses’ statements should be taken while the facts and circumstances are still fresh in their minds.
What We Can Do For You
If you’ve been in a truck accident, you need to seek legal advice immediately. You may be entitled to compensation or damages depending on the situation and the nature of your injuries. Smith Alston Darner & Lee is here to help. We will:
- Provide professional advice. Our law team has a great track record with truck accident cases and other personal injuries. We have successfully helped hundreds of people just like you get just compensation.
- Efficient and quick service. The legal and insurance systems are confusing and intimidating. We have the experience and knowledge to guide you through them and to seek the maximum compensation.
- Focus on recovery. Being involved in any kind of accident can be very stressful and time-consuming. We know you have already lost time that is important and valuable. We work hard to get results quickly so you can focus on recovering and putting your life back in order.
- Get quality personal service. From your first consultation, you will be meeting with an experienced attorney.
Contact Arizona’s Trusted Truck Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, we are here to help. The first thing we do is personally meet with you to find out more about your case. We offer a free consultation. Give us a call at 602-892-5000 for more information, or feel free to come by the office at 6816 E Brown Rd #101 Mesa, Arizona 85207.