Car Accident Lawyers in Mesa, AZ
Fighting for Justice After a Serious Auto Accident
As experienced car accident lawyers in Mesa, we know that even a minor auto accident can alter your life significantly. Coping with your injuries and mounting medical bills can quickly become overwhelming. We fully understand what is at stake for you and your family. That is why we work on every case with dedication and attention to detail in order to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, get the support you need. We have the legal knowledge, experience, and resources to fight for justice on your behalf. When you need a legal team who will tirelessly protect your rights and best interests, turn to the Mesa car accident lawyers at Smith Alston Darner & Lee.
There are no fees unless we win. Call (602) 892-5000 to arrange a FREE consultation.
Car Accident Statistics
According to the National Safety Council, nearly five million people are injured each year in car accidents in the United States. The latest statistics from the Arizona Department of Transportation showed that over 120,000 car accidents occur each year within the state. Of these accidents, an average of over 35,000 people sustain serious injuries, and more than 1,000 die as a result.
In many of these cases, injured victims are not at fault. Their accident and, ultimately, their injuries are caused by the negligent actions of another driver or third party. In these situations, the victims have a right under Arizona law to seek compensation from those at fault for the crash. That is where we can help. Our auto accident attorneys in Mesa can handle the claims process for you, so you can focus on what really matters – getting better. To learn more about how we can help, contact us online or call (602) 892-5000 today.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in Mesa
A wide range of factors causes car accidents on Arizona roads. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for the conditions
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Failing to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Aggressive driving or “road rage”
Our Mesa personal injury lawyers have successfully handled cases that involve nearly every set of circumstances. To see how we can help you secure compensation in your particular case, contact our law offices in Mesa to arrange a free case review.
What You Should Know About Arizona Car Accident Laws
Dealing with insurance companies and submitting claims can be quite daunting and confusing. If you’ve just had an accident, here are a few things you should know:
- Most auto accidents fall under Arizona’s personal injury laws. Liability is generally determined based on the concept of negligence. If you were injured in a car accident due to the other driver’s negligence, you are entitled to financial compensation.
- Arizona follows the comparative negligence rule. This means that you still have the right to seek compensation even if you were partially to blame for the accident, as long as your share of fault does not exceed 50%. Your final award, however, will be reduced by your percentage of responsibility. For example, if you have $100,000 in damages but were 30% at fault for the crash, the amount received will be reduced to $70,000.
- The state has a hands-free policy when it comes to cell phones. It is illegal to drive while talking or texting on a cellphone while driving unless the device is “hands-free.”
- Auto liability insurance is mandatory in Arizona. All drivers must carry a minimum of $25,000 bodily injury liability for one person and $50,000 for two or more people. Motorists must also have a minimum of $15,000 in property-damage coverage.
- Arizona law gives injured parties a maximum of two years from the date of the accident to take legal action against the party(ies) responsible.
Available Damages in a Mesa Car Accident Claim
No two accidents are the same, and no two situations are equal. Every accident has its own unique set of circumstances and factors that contribute to it. Because of this, the injuries and subsequent losses vary greatly. Our Mesa, AZ, auto accident injury attorneys will help you seek compensation for your losses, which may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Costs of physical therapy or other rehabilitation services
- Lost past and future earnings
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death damages
The type and amount of damages you receive will depend on many factors. To learn more about the compensation you may be entitled to, we recommend speaking with one of our personal injury lawyers in Mesa.
Seeking Medical Treatment After an Arizona Car Accident
Some bodily injuries are obvious from the start. Others, however, are more difficult to detect. Some symptoms may not appear until well after the accident occurs. This can be true of soft tissue injuries, whose early signs may be mistaken for common stiffness, numbness, soreness, headaches, etc. Some of these symptoms could also indicate a more serious problem, including a possible spine or brain injury.
Because the injury, in many cases, may not manifest itself until days or weeks after the crash, you must seek medical attention at the earliest possible time. A medical professional will often be able to detect and diagnose potential problems before the onset of acute symptoms.
Talk With a Car Accident Lawyer in Mesa for Free
If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident and have been injured or hurt in some way, don’t wait any longer. Call a trusted auto accident lawyer who will fight tirelessly on your behalf. When you call the offices of Smith Alston Darner & Lee, you will speak to an experienced car accident attorney to discuss the details of your accident and injury. If you cannot travel due to injury, medical conditions, or the loss of your vehicle, one of our personal injury lawyers will come to you. We can meet you at home, at work, or anywhere that is convenient for you.
What To Do After a Car Accident
The actions you take immediately following an accident can drastically impact your ability to be compensated for your losses. Our auto accident attorneys in Mesa recommend taking the following steps to ensure your health and safety and protect your legal rights.
- Call 9-1-1. This ensures that everyone at the scene receives necessary medical attention and brings law enforcement to officially document the accident’s details in a police report.
- Collect details. Get the names, phone numbers, insurance information, license plates, etc., of the other people involved. This information will also be included in the officer’s report.
- Take pictures. One good thing about having wide access to smartphones is the ease with which we can take pictures and collect evidence on our devices. If possible, take photos of the scene, the vehicles involved, and other relevant information.
- Seek medical attention. If you do not receive emergency medical attention, it is highly critical that you see a doctor immediately following the accident. This way, you can ensure all injuries are recognized and treated and provide proof of your injuries should you file a claim. Following your doctor’s treatment plan and documenting your recovery is also important.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Mesa, Arizona. Insurance companies can be hard to deal with. They often try to avoid responsibility or offer you much less than you deserve. To protect yourself, we recommend speaking with a personal injury attorney before speaking with the at-fault individual’s insurance company.
Speak with a Top Auto Accident Attorney in Mesa
At Smith Alston Darner & Lee, our car accident lawyers know the ins and outs of personal injury law. We can expertly assist you in securing much-needed and much-deserved compensation from those responsible for your accident.
If you suffered injuries in an auto accident caused by another driver’s negligence, our Mesa car accident lawyers can help. Arizona only gives injured victims two years to take legal action after a car accident. So don’t hesitate. Take the first step in securing compensation for your injuries today. Call (602) 892-5000 or reach out to us online to arrange a free consultation with an experienced auto accident attorney in Mesa.