We are Arizona’s Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
According to the U.S National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA), motorcycle accidents are more likely to lead to fatality than other accidents. Just a few years ago, the U.S recorded approximately 4,000 fatalities from motorcycle-related accidents. Smith Alston Darner & Lee have successfully represented many motorists over the years. We are your experienced car accident lawyer but have represented many clients who were injured in motorcycle accidents, as well. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, chances are you sustained serious, if not severe injuries. We are here to help. Choose us as your motorcycle accident attorney today.
As your motorcycle accident attorney, we can help you recover the following:
- Physical damages
- Loss wages
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Psychological damages
Recovering from Severe Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident
Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are often severe, even when there was a minor collision. This is of course because motorcycle drivers are quite vulnerable on the road. It is important to call an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, so you have the best approach for your case. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Road rash
- Trauma involving the head and brain
- Neck injury
- Back injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Bone fractures and breaks
Focus on Recovery and Let Your Motorcycle Accident Attorney Fight For You
Being involved in a motorcycle accident, typically means sustaining some kind of injury. These injuries can leave you with temporary or permanent disabilities and can certainly affect various aspects of your life, including your family life and personal relationships. Your injuries can affect you in many different ways. These include:
- Temporary lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Emergency room expenses
- Permanent disabilities
- Loss of work
Among the more serious of these are brain injuries. These can occur even when you are wearing a helmet and can cause devastating consequences for the rest of your life. Spinal cord injuries, also extremely serious, can lead to paralysis. Even where there are soft-tissue injuries the result can be severe pain, restricted movement, and costly medical bills for conditions that were not immediately apparent following your accident. With all of this going on, we want to make sure that you are focused on your recovery. We take care of talking to the insurance companies and ensuring you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
While on a motorcycle, drivers are exposed to so much more than when they are riding in a regular vehicle. Motorcycles can be difficult to spot, easily get lost in people’s blind spots, and are often overlooked by other drivers. Some common causes of these accidents include:
- Speeding: Going too fast is a common cause of crashes across the board. When vehicles are going too fast, they might lose control and collide with a motorcyclist.
- Tailgating: Drivers who follow another vehicle too closely create a dangerous situation, especially when the car in front needs to brake. Because there is rarely enough time to brake, cars will collide with the car in front. Following a motorcycle too closely will result in one of these bad accidents.
- Failure to yield: When other cars fail to yield to a motorcycle. For example, a motorist making a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle can be disastrous for the rider. There are many reasons why these accidents occur, simple driver distraction or inattention being the leading cause.
- Improper lane changes: Many automobile drivers fail to pay attention while they are driving down the roadway or highway. This can be especially true when they are changing lanes. Failing to signal, failing to look in the side-view or rear-view mirrors, failing to properly adjust the side-view mirror, failing to account for the existence of a blind spot, or simply failing to pay attention can lead to traffic accidents. Even in situations where a collision is avoided, a driver improperly changing lanes or driving erratically could cause a motorcyclist to take a major spill while attempting to avoid a crash.
What You Should Know About Being Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
The most important thing you can do is contact a professional motorcycle accident lawyer who can review the details of your case and determine the best course of action for moving forward with your claim.
- Get an attorney to speak on your behalf. If you are contacted by the other driver’s insurance company prior to retaining legal representation, you must remember that you are under no obligation to disclose any information to the insurer. Anything you say might be interpreted as an admission of fault that could later be used against you. It is always best to leave all communications with the other insurance company for the attorney representing your case.
- Collect evidence. If possible, take photos of any injuries you or your passenger received, and any damage to your motorcycle. Keep copies of any medical records or bills and make records of any related expenses. Keep a journal or log how you feel each day. You should plan on bringing these documents to your attorney for review.
How Smith Alston Darner & Lee Can Help You After a Motorcycle Accident
As your experienced personal injury attorney, we can help you deal with even the most complicated cases. Depending on the nature of your injuries, the circumstances of the case, and other factors, we will ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Call us or come by today and have your free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. If you can’t travel due to your injuries or a lack of vehicle or transportation, just let us know and we’ll come to you.
As a local law firm that has been serving the people of Arizona for many years, we are dedicated to getting motorcycle drivers the compensation they deserve for their injuries. We are your trusted personal injury attorney with an excellent track record.
We are not afraid to litigate complicated cases or take them to court. We don’t buckle to the insurance companies. We know how these injuries affect you and we want to make sure you are adequately compensated.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident and think you are entitled to compensation, we want to hear from you. We will sit with you and discuss the details of your case and how we can get started. Call us at 602-892-5000 for more information, or feel free to come by the office at 6816 E Brown Rd #101 Mesa, Arizona 85207.